Friday, February 15, 2013

Clean Energy Fuels Corp.

Excerpts from The Wall Street Transcript interview with Andrew J. Littlefair, Co-Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Clean Energy Fuels Corp.
What excites me is that in United States we now have the engine technology, we have the resources, and Clean Energy is building the nationwide station infrastructure from coast to coast and border to border. I don't think it's a matter of if this is going to happen — it's a matter of when it's going to happen. And so we've been through the difficult sorting out period, now we have economics on our side. And I'm watching it happen and I'm watching some of the toughest areas, like the refuse industry, convert to natural gas. If we can go from getting them to buy 3% of their new trash trucks on natural gas five years ago to 60% this year, it's working. Now I look out at this big new market of heavy-duty trucking and its 25-billion-gallon opportunity, it gets me very excited. And in the process, you'll do something really powerful for the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment